You can configure your user account from the username menu. The menu options will depend on the platform configuration and your privileges.
To access the username menu, click on your username in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Tip: To disable this menu for all users, go to Configuration → Security, and deselect the option to "Allow user to change their password".
Edit your user account details
To edit your user account, click on the user name or icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and select the Edit user option from the pull-down menu.
Abiquo recommends that you change your password and edit your user details.
You can also add your public key for access to deployed virtual machines.
Enable two factor authentication
Your platform may offer or require two-factor authentication to improve user login security with an additional authentication code. For platform configuration instructions, see Configure two factor authentication.
Before you begin:
- To use Google Authenticator to obtain the codes, install the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone.
- To use email authentication to obtain the codes, check that you have a valid email address in your user account on the platform.
To enable two-factor authentication for your user account, do these steps:
- Click on the name or icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and in the username menu, select Two-factor authentication.
- Select the authentication method and click Enable
- Copy the backup codes from the bottom left-hand corner of the configuration window to a secure place. You can use these codes to log in to the platform if the authentication cycle fails
The platform will display backup codes ONCE only
- Authenticate according to your selected method
- For Google Authenticator, use the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone to scan the QR code. Google will supply a verification code in the app. During login, the platform will request the authentication code from the app. Enter the code in the field below the password
- For email, during login, every time you enter your user name and password to log in, a code will be sent to the email address registered in your Abiquo user account. Enter the code on the login dialog
Screenshot: Enabling two factor authentication
Screenshot: Two factor authentication with backup codes (left) and QR code (middle)
Screenshot: Login with two-factor authentication
Edit public cloud credentials for your enterprise
To work with a public cloud region, each enterprise should have its own public cloud account for the cloud provider. All the users in the tenant will work with this same account.
Before you begin:
- Check your provider's documentation and pricing.
- Obtain credentials to access the cloud provider's API. We provide the following basic guides but you should always check with your provider. See Obtain public cloud credentials.
- Check that the public cloud region you wish to use is available in your environment.
To add public cloud credentials:
- Go to Users → edit enterprise → Credentials
- Select the provider
Enter your credentials to access the cloud provider's API
For DigitalOcean v2, Abiquo ignores the Access key ID field (or "identity" attribute). Enter the token in the Secret access key field.
- Access key ID: for example, this may be a Username, API access key ID, Subscription ID and certificate, or another account identifier
- Secret access key: for example, this may be an API key or other API credential
- Click Add account. Abiquo will validate your credentials with the cloud provider and save them
Click here to show/hide the screenshot
Control how VMs onboard from public cloud
To onboard all VMs into a single virtual appliance, set the singlevapp property to true. If you wish to configure the name, set the singlevapp name enterprise property:
"sync.singlevapp.name":"sync vapp name"
For instructions on how to set an enterprise property, see Manage Enterprises#Enter additional tenant details.
Manage OAuth Applications
The OAuth application functionality will display on the username menu, if you have the privilege to Manage user applications,
To work with OAuth applications, click on the User icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen to open the username menu and select Manage applications.
To add an application, click the + button. Then enter the details of the application.
Add privileges to OAuth applications
On the privileges tab, select a subset of your privileges for the application. By default, all of your privileges are selected.
Abiquo will add the new application to the applications list and display the API key and an API secret key.
Users can view the keys, inspect the privileges assigned to the application and delete the application.