The Abiquo Billing Integration is a separate utility that aggregates accounting data and prepares it for a billing system.
You can configure the billing integration to do the following.
- Aggregate the accounting data for different periods (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly)
- Map Abiquo Enterprises and Virtual datacenters to billable accounts and items
- This means you can bill at either the enterprise or virtual datacenter level
- Use Abiquo pricing data per datacenter or public cloud region to create billing data
- Output data to CSV or DBMS format
Abiquo can also build integrations to push data to specific billing systems.
What can you bill?
Here are some examples of items that you can include in Abiquo billing.
- Standard billing. You can bill either by usage or by allocation (hard limits):
- CPU with VM ON
- CPU with VM OFF
- Memory with VM ON
- Memory with VM OFF
- Local Storage
- External Storage
- Standard billing. By usage only
- Hypervisor Type
- Reserved Machine
- Repository Usage
- High Availability-hosting
- Anti-Affinity hosting
- Load Balancer
- Datastore Tiers. As an alternative to Local Storage
- Storage Tiers. As an alternative to External Storage
- Cost Codes (e.g. assigned to VM templates, hardware profiles)
- 'Custom' - Usage: you can define your own items to bill resources by usage (e.g. Network bandwidth usage).
Sample output from the billing integration
Sample output from the CSV connector.
Sample output from the DBMS connector.
As an example of the type of custom integration that Abiquo can build, see an overview of configuring and using the billing integration with Zuora in the Zuora Walkthrough.
To get started quickly with the Abiquo billing integration, please see the quickstart guides:
For full details of the Billing Integration functionality and configuration, please see the Abiquo Billing Integration User Guide.