To create a virtual machine (VM) do the following steps:
- Open the Virtual datacenters view by clicking on its icon in the top menu
- If there are no virtual appliances to hold groups of VMs, click Create a virtual appliance
Enter a Name and select a Virtual datacenter, and enter optional values and click Save
- Open a virtual appliance to hold a group of VMs by clicking on its name
- To create a VM, drag and drop a VM template from the Templates tab into the Virtual machines pane. You can also double-click the VM template
- If there is more than one version of the VM template, you can select another version
- If your cloud provider uses hardware profiles, select one
If required, select the Tier, which is the datastore service level, for your VM disk/s
Click here to show/hide the screenshot
The platform will create your VM. The status bar on the VM icon says it is NOT_ALLOCATED, which means that the VM has not been launched into the cloud.
The next step is to Configure a VM before you deploy.