A public cloud region represents a region of a cloud provider in Abiquo, to enable users to use virtual resources and deploy VMs in the cloud.
To create a public cloud region for
- an OpenStack cloud (public or private), see Generic OpenStack Integration
- a vCloud Director cloud, you will need Administrator credentials or Organization credentials. To use a region, you will need Organization credentials. For more details, see VMware vCloud Director.
Privilege: Access Infrastructure view and PCRs, Manage public cloud regions
To create a new public cloud region:
- Go to Infrastructure → Public
Click the Add + button at the top of the public cloud regions list.
The Create public cloud region dialog will open. Enter the base Name and select the Provider.
The platform will create the first region with the Name you enter and the others with a suffix of "_1", "_2", and so on.
If for some reason the platform cannot create a region, it will move on to the next region on the list
- In the remote services IP address field for the Virtualization manager, enter the first letters of the domain name of the remote services server and select it from the selection list
- Click Save
The platform will create your public cloud region.
- To allow users to deploy in the public cloud region, edit your enterprises to add the new region to the Allowed datacenters list and to add cloud provider API credentials
- You will require one separate account for each enterprise using a public cloud region, i.e. one account per enterprise
- To allow administrators to manage the public cloud region, edit your administration scopes and add the new region