An Abiquo instance is a new template that you create from VM disks. This page describes how to save VM disks to create an instance template.
Before you begin:
- In Azure, to create a VM snapshot (instance) you must first log in to the VM and generalize it using Sysprep. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/capture-image-resource. Then you should power it off and create the snapshot in the usual way. Note: after you generalize the VM, you cannot power it on again
To create an Abiquo instance, do these steps:
- Select and shut down each VM that you want to copy, then click Create instance
- Select a VM from the dialog
- Enter a name that will enable you to identify the new template
- Optionally select the VM disks to save to a new template in the template library. If no disks are selected, the instance will copy all disks
- To create more instances, select Keep window open
- Click Create instance. The platform will lock the VM to create the instance
- If you kept the dialog open, click Back to list and create more instances as required, then close the dialog
The platform will store your new templates in the Apps library.