This guide provides steps to quickly get the billing system up and running for testing. It generates DBMS table usage data for all 'current' Enterprises.
1. Unzip the 'abiquo-billing-redist.zip' file into suitable 'install location' on your chosen machine.
2. Populate the Account Mapping table. For example, to add mappings for all enterprises you would use the following SQL:
3. Create a MySQL user account that can be used by the billing system to access the Abiquo DBMS. You must also grant permissions as detailed below for example user 'billing':
4. Modify the billing.properties file, updating the following values:
To enable more usage properties, see Configure billing properties.
5. Create a target database and MySQL user account that can be used by the billing system to create and populate the target billing table data in that database. You must also grant permissions as detailed below for example user 'bill':
6. Modify the dbms.properties files, updating the following red values appropriately:
7. Optionally enable DBMS output of Cost Code, Storage Tier, Local Storage Tier Hypervisor, Costing and Custom Usages. See DBMS Billing Integration
8. Run the billing.sh file ('.billing.sh' from the install directory) to generate DBMS usage data.
9. Review the generated 'abiquo_billing_data' table in the target DBMS to review the generated billing data.
9. Optionally schedule the billing integration to run on a regular basis.
For more details, see Abiquo Billing Integration User Guide