Your platform may offer or require two-factor authentication (2fa) to improve user login security with an additional authentication code. For platform configuration instructions, see Configure two factor authentication.
Before you begin:
- To use Google Authenticator to obtain the codes, install the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone.
- To use email authentication to obtain the codes, check that you have a valid email address in your user account on the platform.
To enable two-factor authentication for your user account, do these steps:
- Click on the name or icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and in the username menu, select Two-factor authentication.
- Select the authentication method and click Enable
- Copy the backup codes from the bottom left-hand corner of the configuration window to a secure place. You can use these codes to log in to the platform if the authentication cycle fails
The platform will display backup codes ONCE only
- Authenticate according to your selected method
- For Google Authenticator, use the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone to scan the QR code. Google will supply a verification code in the app. During login, the platform will request the authentication code from the app. Enter the code in the field below the password
- For email, during login, every time you enter your user name and password to log in, a code will be sent to the email address registered in your Abiquo user account. Enter the code on the login dialog
Screenshot: Enabling two factor authentication
Screenshot: Two factor authentication with backup codes (left) and QR code (middle)
Screenshot: Login with two-factor authentication