Your platform may offer or require two-factor authentication (2fa) to improve user login security with an additional authentication code. For platform configuration instructions, see Configure two factor authentication.
Before you begin:
- To use Google Authenticator to obtain the codes, install the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone.
- To use email authentication to obtain the codes, check that you have a valid email address in your user account on the platform.
To enable two-factor authentication for your user account, do these steps:
- Click on the User name or User icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and select Two-factor authentication from the pull-down Username menu.
- Select the authentication method and click Enable
Copy the Backup codes from the bottom left-hand corner of the configuration window to a secure place. You can use these codes to log in to the platform if the authentication cycle fails
The platform will display backup codes ONCE only
- Authenticate according to your selected method
- For Google Authenticator, use the Google Authenticator app on your cell phone to scan the QR code. Google will supply a verification code in the app. During login, the platform will request the Authentication code from the app.
- For email, during login, every time you enter your user name and password to log in, a code will be sent to the E-mail address registered in your user account. Enter the Authentication code in the Login dialog
Click here to show/hide the screenshots
Screenshot: Enabling two factor authentication
Screenshot: Two factor authentication with backup codes (left) and QR code (middle)
Screenshot: Login with two-factor authentication