To display and filter metrics for a VM:
- Go to Virtual datacenters → select VM → click the Monitoring symbol
- The metrics panel will open and you can dynamically filter and select which metrics to display.
To update the display of a metric, select the refresh button
To configure the display of the metric
- Select the filter button
- Set the following as required
- Granularity, which is how often the metric is sampled
- Statistic, which determines how the raw values will be processed over time
- "Last" period, which is how long the display will look behind at the processed data
- Metric dimensions: for metrics with more than one possible element being monitored, for example, multiple hard disks, you can display metric dimensions, which are metrics for separate elements.
- To view metric dimensions, click Get dimensions. Select a dimension.
- If no dimension is selected, the default value is the average of all dimensions
- Click Accept to save the values.
To view the exact metric values in a call-out box, mouse over the monitoring graph line.
To create a highlight point, click on the metric graph line.
To simultaneously view the data for more than one VM, use the virtual appliance monitoring view.