This page describes how to create and launch a VM in Azure using Abiquo
- Access key ID & Secret access key
Step by step in Abiquo:
- Edit the Abiquo user that is going to deploy the VM to add their SSH public key. (If this is your user, put your current password on the General information tab of Edit user)
- Create a public cloud region (PCR) and select the provider (Azure) and the regions that would you like to use
- Create a virtual datacenter, and select the previously created PCR as location
- Create a firewall and add an inbound firewall rule to a firewall policy in the virtual datacenter to allow the SSH protocol for Linux or the RDP protocol for Windows. Allow the connections from the desired IP (or 0.0.0.0/0 if you don't know it, but be aware of the security implications)
- Create a virtual appliance
- Go to the Apps Library, click the import template button. To speed up the search, select a provider and enter a name text (ubuntu, linux, windows, etc.). Click Search and wait. Select a template and import it.
- Edit the template and add a Username and Password.
- Go to the virtual datacenter and double click or drag and drop the template to create a VM, but don't deploy it.
- Edit the VM, on the Network tab obtain a public IP and it to the VM
- Then on the Firewall tab, select the firewall policy, then save.
- Deploy the VM.
- Wait for the VM to start up
- Click the Console button
- Linux VMs: enter the username set for the template and the private key
- Windows VMs: enter the username and password set for the template