This page describes how to create and launch a VM in Azure using Abiquo
- Access key ID & Secret access key
Step by step in Abiquo:
- Edit the Abiquo user that is going to deploy the VM to add their SSH public key. (If this is your user, put your current password on the General information tab of Edit user)
- Create a public cloud region (PCR) and select the provider (Azure) and the regions that would you like to use
- Create a virtual datacenter, and select the previously created PCR as location
- Add a public IP to the virtual datacenter.
- Add an inbound firewall rule to a firewall policy in the virtual datacenter to allow the SSH protocol for LInux or the RDP protocol for Windows. Allow the connections from the desired IP (or 0.0.0.0/0 if you don't know it, but be aware of the security implications)
- Create a virtual appliance
- Go to the Apps Library, click the import template button, and enter a name text (ubuntu, linux, windows, etc.) to speed up the search, click the search button and wait. Select a template and import it.
- Edit the template and add a User
- Go to the virtual datacenter and double click or drag and drop the template to create a VM, but don't deploy it.
- Edit the VM, on the Network tab add a public IP to the VM
- Then on the Firewall tab, select the firewall policy, then save.
- Deploy the VM.
- Wait for the VM to start up
To connect by SSH to the VM use ????:
If you cannot connect due to an unsecured certificate error, open a new tab in the same browser, enter the host IP of the VM, and accept the certificate.